Lantern respects intellectual property rights and expects its users to do the same. It is the policy of Lantern to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and all relevant laws. Lantern shall have the right to: (i) block access to or remove material that Lantern believes, in good faith, infringes the copyright of a third party; and (ii) remove and discontinue Service to repeat violators of this Copyright Policy.
If you are copyright holder and believe that any of the copyrighted material which is directly available via the Service infringes your copyrighted work, please let us know by submitting a notice of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with 17 U.S.C. 512(c) to our designated Copyright Agent at the following address:
Lantern Multimedia, Inc.
PO Box 61085
Irvine, CA 92602
As set forth in 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3), your notice of alleged copyright infringement must include the
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information sufficient to identify the third party that you claim has engaged in the infringement (please be as detailed as possible and provide a URL to help us locate the material you are reporting);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Lantern to contact you, the complaining party, such as a complete name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you receive a notice from Lantern regarding your possible violation of another party’s copyright, you may submit a counter-notification to the above Copyright Agent. That counter-notification should contain all the elements set forth in 17 U.S.C. 512(g)(3), including:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in the United States in which Lantern may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification in the manner described above or an agent of such person.
Lantern shall not be a party to any dispute between any third parties (including users of the Service) over alleged copyright infringement and it does not make an independent review as to the validity of any claim that is the subject of any notice of alleged copyright infringement.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Products is excluded and does not apply to these Terms. If any dispute arises relating in any way to these Terms or the policies or your use of the Service, it shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Los Angeles County, California, USA, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of California, USA, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under these Terms shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these Terms, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise. These Terms are not intended to grant rights to anyone except you and Lantern, and in no event shall these Terms create any third party beneficiary rights. The failure to require performance of any provision shall not affect our right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, such portion will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention and only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding this subject matter, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written and oral.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
If you have any questions, comments or claims relating to these Terms or the Service, you may contact us at the following addresses:
Lantern Multimedia, Inc.
PO Box 61085
Irvine, CA 92602